My guinea pig group of teens at my church have completed their sales of Words of Purpose. Congratulations to them, they earned $1203 to help fund students attending district and regional gatherings.
So now, it’s my turn to get to work, fulfilling the orders. I have most of the inventory created. The pendants just need to be hung on the appropriate length cords and packaged. I “sign” my work with a bead at the back in the clasp. For the Words of Purpose line, I decided I needed to put that name rather than “KIMLE” in the clasp.
So this was my all-day Saturday project. I had college football streaming and I built the 14 letters while listening to games. The cane began by making each letter 3/4″ high and 2″ long. The cane had a little over 3 lbs of clay to begin. I did quite well with the reduction and didn’t have too much distortion and waste on the ends. Check out the process:
I’ve so far only sliced and baked about 1/3 of the total. The cane will make thousands of little signature beads. I usually make my “KIMLE” cane about every 3 or 4 years. We shall see how long this WoP cane will last! Here’s hoping we sell so much and raise so much for ministry purposes that I have to make it again!